Friday, April 1, 2016

Warning regarding Flash Player /Java update prompts

ROUGUE FLASH PLAYER/JAVA UPDATES

Some malicious websites prompt you to update your flash player/Java via a dialog box as shown below:











OR this one:








If you proceed as suggested, you land up installing a malware instead of the genuine software.


Hence please install/update Java /Flash player only from the genuine web site of the creators of the software


For Flash Player: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
For Java: https://java.com/en/download/

2 comments:

  1. I've tried to update my flashplayer many times. I download the installer from adobe from the site mentioned here. And as I proceed, after entering my proxy username and password, it always shows some error and ended there only.
    * I have correctly entered my details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The installers require you to be connected to the internet without any proxy. Hence you need to be on no proxy network. Remove proxy information from your default browser and authenticate to the gateway when prompted.

    ReplyDelete